We are located at 333 Eberts Lane, York Pa 17403 - 717-854-4710
White Rose Post, No. 556 Veterans Of Foreign Wars has 1,425 members and Auxiliary of 720 members. In 1938 at a cost of $70,000 the post erected a memorial building in honor ofthe comrads who gave their lives for thecause oflasting peace. The building includes meeting rooms,offices,ballroom and grille many activities are carried on regularly. Two adjacent properties have been acquired and plans for post war expansion will include gymnasium,bowling alleys,game room showere and a recreation room for sons of the Veterans Of Foreign Wars. The post home will be air conditioned throughout. The privelages of the building are extended to all men in uniform today. They may also obtain information on service claims and rehabilitation from the service officer. Membership is only open to those men entitled to wear the United States campaign medal or badge for service on foreign soil or in hostile waters.
The purpose of the organization are fraternal,patriotic, historic and educational.
It aims to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members; to assist worthy comrads, to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead; and to assist their widows and orphans, to maintain true allegiance to the government of the United States Of America,and fidelity to it's constitution and laws; to fostertrue patriotism and to extend the institutions of American freedoms; and to preserve and defend the United States from all its enemies.
With its Auxiliary the Veterans Of Foreign Wars conduct an annual Poppy Sale. The flowers are made by disabled veterans and the proceeds are used to bring cheer to those hospitalized veterans. The Veterans Of Foreign Wars is the only organization which maintains and operates its own National home for widows and orphans.